Daytona 2013

Daytona 2013
July 2013

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Updates...It's been a while.

Well it's been a long time since an update to the blog.  We've been a little busy these day but things are finally slowing down a bit.

Gage finished Upward Basketball 2/12/2011.  He really enjoyed it and finally started taking some shots but unfortunately never made a goal.  He made up for it in defensive steals though.  We missed the deadline for t-ball signups for the spring but he plans to play this summer.  I think we'll do advanced swimming lessons instead this spring.

Grandma Foster, my last living grandparent, passed away at her home 1/19/2011.  She would have been 90 if she had made it to her birthday 2/20/2011.  Her niece Mary Jones died two days before after a long battle with leukemia.  It was a very long, sad weekend of funerals.  However I think everything went smoothly and was very nice.  Kelly made a great DVD of pictures we all had of Grandma to play at the funeral home.  It was really great.  I wish I could upload it here but I bet it would take up too much space and I'm not sure how to do that.

Colt has been sick with ear infections and finally got tubes placed March 2.  He is finally doing much better but it took a few days to get over the minor surgery.  And not to mention a lot of money went toward those little tubes.  Geez, even with insurance it still cost about $800 out of pocket between copays, deductibles, drops, antibiotics.  Just glad it's over and he's doing well.

Bryan and I went to the Kid Rock and Jamey Johnson concert in February too.  It was a great concert as usual.  We were on the upper deck near the stage and that worked out to be great seats.  It was so loud and there was so much bass that our seats up there were vibrating.  Crazy!
Jamey Johnson
Kid Rock.  Best my cell phone could get.  He moves around too much on stage.
We had a low key Valentine's day this year.  Bryan grilled steaks and scallops which were awesome as usual.  One of the gifts Bryan got me was a pair of rain boots, which I've always wanted but never bought for myself.  Don't they look so cute with the valentine's scrub top? : )
I guess that's it for the big stuff since New Year's.  We are excited to be planning a trip to Disney World this year.  And hopefully we'll get to go back to Daytona as well for some beach time, if gas isn't $10/gallon by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment